We’ve compiled a handy roundup of the summers most helpful, inspiring and content rich info nuggets thus far.
So sit back, scroll down and check out all the good stuff we’ve put together for you!
- HOW TO: Use Turntable.fm To Promote Your Music Venue
Here’s an interesting Turntable.fm use case for all you venue owners: Promoting your upcoming shows.
- Read & Write Album Reviews on “Yelp for Music” Site
Rate and review albums and get recommendations from friends for new music.
- If You Do Anything, You Can Probably Dedicate it to Charity
Causes.com is letting users donate any personal moment — from weddings to holidays to marathons — to charity.
- Remembering Michael Jackson: 10 Terrific Tributes [VIDEOS]
Rather than dwell on his tabloid-saturated death, we prefer to remember Michael Jackson as the talented artist he was, through the voices and dance moves of his fans.
- Our Favorite YouTube Videos This Week: The Summer Edition
We’re kicking off those lazy, hazy days with a collection of jams that should get you all pumped up to slack off.
- 13 of the Most Viral Award Show Moments [VIDEOS]
From Kanye to Britney to Gary Busey, these award show antics made us laugh and cringe.
- Top 10 Twitter Trends This Month [CHART]
We’ve gathered a month’s worth of trends to find out what was most relevant to tweeps in the month of June.
- 8 Ways Social Media Has Changed Our Lives
As we head into our Mashable Social Media Day festivities, we’d like to take a look at the effect social media has had on our daily lives.
- Users for Sale: Has Digital Illiteracy Turned Us Into Social Commodities?
Many of us experience the web through discrete corporate channels such as Google and Facebook that probably don’t have our best interests at heart. Are we ceding our last hope of free information to marketers and corporations?
Tech & Mobile
- 3 Fresh Apps for Finders, Keepers & Seekers
Our selections this weekend include one for wannabe freelance tour guides, another for the digital organizer and a third one for pure entertainment seekers.
- Clock-Watching: 12 Terrific Timepieces For Your Office [PICS]
We’ve found a dozen wall clock designs that range from retro classics to future collectibles.
- Fun With Fauxlaroids: Top 10 ShakeItPhoto iPhone Snaps
The team behind the ShakeItPhoto iPhone app curates a collection of their favorite snaps.
- Happy 4th Anniversary, iPhone [INFOGRAPHIC]
Four years later, how has the iPhone changed the mobile industry? How has it changed Apple?
- 3 Simple Ways Tech Can Grow Greener Cities
We don’t need to go that far to make our cities more energy-efficient. Urban planner Peter Calthorpe discusses the ways tech can improve the quality of life in your city.
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the Security of Google Apps
Information is heading into the cloud, but what do you need to know to keep your data safe?
- Q&A App Formspring Hits 25 Million Users [INFOGRAPHIC]
How did a Q&A service become such a social media powerhouse, and what’s in its roadmap for the future?
- How Phones Get Phished [INFOGRAPHIC]
Ever wonder how mobile devices get hacked or phished? This infographic breaks it down.
- Happy Birthday Sony Walkman: 10 Retro Accessories for Cassette Connoisseurs [PICS]
Celebrate the Walkman’s anniversary with our gallery of great accessories that celebrate the iconic ’80s gadget.
Business & Marketing
- Top 10 Most Memorable GoDaddy Ads [VIDEOS]
In honor of GoDaddy’s $2.5 billion sale, we’re humoring your curiosity by featuring its most controversial and memorable ads.
- HOW TO: Land a Job at LinkedIn
Brendan Browne, LinkedIn’s director of global talent acquisition, discusses how LinkedIn job applicants can stand out from the crowd.
- 10 Creative Bar Code Designs [PICS]
To mark the UPC bar code’s birthday, we’ve got a great gallery of cool and creative designs.
- 9 Steps to Consider When Valuing Your Startup
Determining your startup’s worth is one of the hardest parts of the fundraising process. We’ve devised a few considerations to help value your company.
- HOW TO: Claim Your Business On Facebook Places
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to help you claim your small business on Facebook Places — once you claim it, you can start advertising.
- HOW TO: Unify Your SEO & SEM Strategies
Search engine marketing and search engine optimization are no longer two separate disciplines. Here are 3 tips for getting them to work in sync.
- How Starbucks Is Paving the Way for Mainstream Mobile Payments
While QR codes and near-field devices are getting lots of buzz, Starbucks’ implementation of a simple 2D code system is pushing the boundaries of mobile payments.
- 4 Simple Ways To Get Customer Feedback Online
Do you know what your customers think about your products and services? Here are four easy ways to find out.
- 5 Ways the Advertising Industry Is Preparing for a Digital Future
As the web increasingly empowers us to choose the media we care about, brands commit to creating content and experiences that thrive in our on-demand culture.
- 7 Innovative Ways the iPad Is Used in Retail
Here are seven businesses at the forefront of the iPad retail wave that are leveraging the device in unique and innovative ways.
- Do Celebrities Really Help Online Causes?
Celebrities have established a ubiquitous presence in social good campaigns, but are your idols helping or hurting online philanthropy?
- 5 Innovative Facebook Campaigns to Learn From
Five recent Facebook campaigns use the social networking platform in innovative ways to promote products and engage consumers.
- HOW TO: Turn Your Resume Into a Gorgeous, Web-Based Infographic
Want an eye-catching, scannable resume — no code/design required? Vizualize.me makes it a snap. Sign up now for early access.
- Find a Job in Social Media, Communications or Design
If you’re seeking a job in social media, we’d like to help.
- Why Do People Follow Brands? [INFOGRAPHIC]
What makes people want to follow their favorite brands on friend-focused networks such as Facebook? Get Satisfaction has the answers.
- The End of Demographics: How Marketers Are Going Deeper With Personal Data
Demographics have defined the target consumer for more than half a century — poorly. Today’s psychographics build a deeper understanding of the customer.
- HOW TO: Protect Your Company’s Passwords
Here are tips to help you keep your passwords safe and organized — because no one wants to be hacked.
- 6 Tips for Providing Better Online Customer Support
Here are easy ways an online store can increase satisfaction levels through customer support.
Check out the full post Here
Patrick “Biz Coach” Daugherty
“You DONT have to change who you are to be successful but instead, make a commitment to discover & express more of who you’re truly meant to be! Believe me, there are people who desperately need what you’re holding back. Free yourself to celebrate that & let yourself shine obnoxiously!”
Click to jump on the “Biz Coach Blog” RSS Feed!
Creator of: “The Success Steps For Building Wealth Online” The step by step training program that teaches aspiring internet entrepreneurs how to earn money online by launching an internet marketing home business. Learn SEO along with Internet marketing training, affiliate marketing programs, effective social media marketing, getting free traffic and everything you need to know to design any online home business opportunity to achieve your financial goals.
Learn to quickly launch an online home business in 4 weeks and the secrets behind semi-retiring in 12-18months!